Tennessee State Theater

FOR WEB 2.jpg
FOR WEB 1.jpg
FOR WEB 6.jpg

The Tennessee Theatre was built in 1927 as an annex to the Burwell Building (built in 1907) in Knoxville, Tennessee. The Spanish-Moorish style interior was designed by Chicago architects Graven and Mayger. The French-style chandeliers were made of Czechoslovakian crystal.

It is owned by the Historic Tennessee Theatre Foundation and was restored and re-opened in 2005.