The Paramount Theater in Cedar Rapids, IA originally opened in 1928. The following year in 1929, Paramount Studios bought the grand "movie palace" and gave it its current name. In 1976, the theater was put on the National Register of Historic Places, and in 2011, it underwent a massive renovation and restoration. It's currently used by the symphony orchestra, opera, and touring theater shows.
Lighting Design Firm: Schuler Shook
Architect: OPN Architects