top of page
Kennedy Center Eisenhower Theater
With the desire to build a world-class performing arts theater in Washington D.C., President Dwight D. Eisenhower signed the bipartisan legislation to construct the Center in 1958. President John F. Kennedy furthered the deadline to fund the project under his term. After Kennedy's assassination, it was officially named after him as a living memorial to his dedication to the advancements of the arts.
Designed by architect Edward Durrell Stone, this modern-style building features a marble façade and Art Deco inspired house lights that tower over either side of the auditorium. SLALCO made these wall-mounted vertical fixtures out of stainless steel and press-molded etched glass.
Architect: Quinn Evans
bottom of page