Idaho State Capitol
Designed by architect John E. Tourtellotte, the Idaho Capitol was built in 1912; additional wings were added in 1919. Apart from the grand entrance light standards and some ornate classical wall sconces and pendants, much of the lighting is surface-mounted and remarkably simple, exposing the white simplicity of the interior architecture.
During the restoration of the Idaho Capitol from 2007 to 2009, SLALCO was chosen to restore and replicate all of the interior and exterior historic lighting. Working with the onsite contractors, SLALCO staff formulated a plan to remove and crate all of the lights in six working days. The days were long, but the work was completed as planned.
Architect: CHSQA, Boise, ID